Recently, at a SharePoint conference, Microsoft Showcased recent innovations in Microsoft 365. This includes SharePoint home sites. According to Microsoft Officials, the focus of these innovations is intelligent workspace, AI based workflows, better and engaging communication ways and bringing out best of creativity from individuals with the insights from AI.
In a nutshell, the conference proposed innovations in:
- SharePoint home sites, for an intelligent intranet
- Yammer and Yammer and Microsoft Stream, for better employee engagement
- OneDrive, for collaborative file sharing experience
- Microsoft 365 performance, for a better security and intelligent experience.
With these innovations, SharePoint offers better and world-class intranet, after Microsoft has re-invented three years ago in the Future of SharePoint event. The recent home sites can connect workplaces better, share relevant news and stories beneficial to employees for better productive with personalized content. There are also new capabilities introduced in Microsoft Stream like sharing, recording and uploading videos directly to Microsoft Stream from mobile app.
Workplace transformation is the need of the today’s cloud business space as businesses continue to evolve. Microsoft has taken one big leap for further enhancement of Office 365 virtualization and has announced acquisition of FSLogix. The company, FSLogix’s virtualization advancements make it a next-gen app portioning platform. According to experts form Microsoft, the company plans to enhance virtualization experiences of companies from large enterprises to small businesses. It also works to reduce work load, resource consumption, labor and time.
With this news, Microsoft’s products like Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop and Office 365 virtualization experience and Office 365 ProPlus experience. Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop is the only Microsoft 365 to provide customers with a modern desktop experience. It also offers built-in security and compliance. With the acquisition of FSLogix, we can expect lesser load times of user profiles in OneDrive and Outlook. In addition to this, Office 365 ProPlus experience in a multi-user virtual environment shall be improved too.
The future of virtual workspace is promising as Microsoft is eager to facilitate the customers and cloud business providers in every possible manner.
OMS portal has now moved to popular Azure Portal and Yet again Microsoft has sent the final reminder. Since last year, the capabilities offered by Operations Management Suite (OMS) like monitoring, management, and security have eventually are incorporated into Azure portal. In this way, the azure portal has seen many enhancements since the past 12 months. These new features and capabilities are making the Azure portal more popular.
It is a fact that Microsoft had plans to fully replace the OMS portal with Azure Portal since many years but this year, this is finally accomplished. All the features provided to customers through the OMS portal are now there in the Azure portal. Hence it is high time that you switch to Popular Azure portal.
Microsoft has provided detailed documentation regarding how to move to the Azure portal in its quite comprehensive documentation. There is new alert management experience, user access management is done through role-based access control, and cross workspace queries replace the Application Insights Connector. The OMS app for smartphones is being deprecated altogether.
Microsoft is taking huge leaps towards the contribution in the IoT platform security. This is because the massive growth in building intelligent devices is observed since past few years and with this rate of development a huge adoption of interconnected devices shall be observed 10 years from now.
For IoT security, Microsoft has announced two major advancements:
- Azure Sphere: it is a solution for the security of nextGen IoT devices at an intelligent edge. It includes three major components that work together for security of these devices. These include
a. Azure Sphere-certified MCUs
b. The Azure Sphere OS
c. The Azure Sphere Security Service
- Security Maturity Model: This framework is proposed in order to integrate security into systems for long-term benefits. This gives IoT platform security providers a sustainable approach towards addressing IoT issues. This model is being built in partnership with and is based on Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) previously Microsoft’s “Seven Properties of Highly Secure Devices”.
Cloud infrastructure is an important step in providing
Private cloud. Here are a few steps in building the cloud infrastructure:
Step 1: The definition
no purpose is necessary first. It is important to highlight what are the
business requirements for which the cloud is being developed.
Step 2: Workload definition
is important. The enterprises that will be using the cloud must be having some applications
that are run on cloud. Define these workload in advanced.
Step 3: Definition
of Governance and other important aspects like Software, Networks, and Security
Implementation. In this step, the private
cloud along with other resources is stage into the data center.
Step 5: Testing: Test
processes are defined for a better verification of the requirements.
These basic steps shall lead you to build a private cloud. There
are multiple patterns to be followed; the end result has to be better service provision.
Web Hosting for Businesses is the
basic requirements of business nowadays. For an ultimate web hosting
experience, there are a few things to be kept in mind:
- Know what you need: it is important to define your requirements first. Searching a web hoster without knowing what exactly do you need is of no use
- Choose the right package: Options like Virtual private Server (VPS) is more expensive than other plans. It is important to choose the correct package that suits you
- Read Reviews: the best thing about hosters services being online is that customers leave reviews for other customers to go through. Always read reviews about selected hoster when selecting Web Hosting for Businesses.
- Determine right amount of bandwidth: Slow websites make users go away from your services. Never compromise on bandwidth.
- Go through Terms of Service: The refund policy and owner ship rules are defended in the Terms of services. Go through them and request for modifications if necessary.
Microsoft has now introduced more flexibility with Azure: open source systems are now supported. Partners have broader choices in the cloud which enable them for better investment opportunities. IaaS is now available on Linux, PHP web application platform and not to forget Java!
Not only this commitment with open source platforms extent options for providers, it also opens doors for a diverse team of developers to engage with Microsoft products and platform. They can complement their development works with Azure and get more value out of Microsoft products. Azure Active Directory can be used to augment open source apps with identity management and access management. Moreover SharePoint sites can be connected to PHP portals. Hence the apps ecosystem will continue to evolve with this step of Microsoft making “open source” a part of Microsoft everyday cloud innovation approach.
As promised, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 is released by the end of 2018. With the public preview out a few months ago, the official release is just as expected. The main focus has been better user experience across multiple devices and better collaboration amongst Teams. Here are a few important features of latest release of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019.
- Connecting and collaboration experience is improved with better communication sites. There is much flexibility and ease-of-use in the modern design
- Lists are more responsive, with compelling designs and an easy-to-use combination of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 with OneDrive.
- Intelligent Intranet experience gives a personalized experience
- Storage of file size has been increased to 15GB and length of path restrictions has been increased from 260 Unicode code units to 400.
- The users can incorporate a combination of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, multiple images and embedding video content to create visually appealing pages.
As promised earlier this month, Microsoft is right on time to launch its new Exchange Server 2019. With the launch of Microsoft Exchange Server 2019, the long wait of Microsoft enthusiast is over. There are major performance improvements in all new Exchange Server 2019 along with a great end-user experience and added security features.
Security: Recommended to be used over Windows Server 2019 Core, Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 implements added security with TLS 1.2 and improved hashing algorithms for least compromises of security.
User Experience: the most notable feature for users is improved calendaring in which the feature of restricting forwarding of a meeting request. The feature of unified messaging is deprecated and the alternate approach that is provided is using Exchange Server 2019 with Skype for Business Server 2019.
Performance: Solid State Drive (SSD) technology is implemented to provide faster loading of databases along with dual storage read/write capabilities. A total of 48 processor cores are available for the server and 256GB of RAM can be utilized for better performance.
The wait is over and Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2019 is out. Creating hype all over Microsoft partner, the new Skype4B has shown a few features that Microsoft initially promised at Ignite. Let’s have a look at important features of Skype for Business Server 2019:
- Build for cloud customers: the new Skype4B Server makes on-premise users consume services offered to cloud users. Hence this version has shown a hybrid approach to things.
- Migrations to teams: Teams migration is made easy, making on-premise users shift smoothly to the cloud.
- Extended security: Security is maintained through TLS 1.2
- Cloud Call Data Connector: An interesting CQD (Call Quality Dashboard) is available for on-premises users for better call quality management.
- Cloud Voicemail Support: once the users pair up with MS Exchange Server 2019, users can take full advantage of Cloud Voicemail. If you are not planning an Exchange 2019 deployment so soon, you can continue to use Unified Messaging.