The wait is over and Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2019 is out. Creating hype all over Microsoft partner, the new Skype4B has shown a few features that Microsoft initially promised at Ignite. Let’s have a look at important features of Skype for Business Server 2019:
- Build for cloud customers: the new Skype4B Server makes on-premise users consume services offered to cloud users. Hence this version has shown a hybrid approach to things.
- Migrations to teams: Teams migration is made easy, making on-premise users shift smoothly to the cloud.
- Extended security: Security is maintained through TLS 1.2
- Cloud Call Data Connector: An interesting CQD (Call Quality Dashboard) is available for on-premises users for better call quality management.
- Cloud Voicemail Support: once the users pair up with MS Exchange Server 2019, users can take full advantage of Cloud Voicemail. If you are not planning an Exchange 2019 deployment so soon, you can continue to use Unified Messaging.