There are a lot of questions people ask related to Cloud hybrid Search. I have decided to compile the most frequently asked questions in the following post.
- How is Hybrid search different from normal cloud hybrid search?
In hybrid federated search, results are fetched from both search index in SharePoint Server 2013/2016 and as indexed in Office 365. In case of cloud hybrid search, all crawled content is processed by O365 search engine.
- Can Hybrid search be deployed in multiple forests environment?
Yes, Cloud hybrid search service application works under environments having multiple forests.
- How many crawl Databases are recommended for Cloud hybrid search application?
There is a rule of thumb in this regard. One database suffices 20 million items from the total amount of content.
- Are there any Forums for Cloud hybrid search discussions?
Yes, TechNet Forum hosts multiple discussions on the topic.
- Is there any book related to Hybrid capabilities?
There is an ebook Configuring Microsoft SharePoint Hybrid Capabilities (ISBN 9781509302437) which can be downloaded here.