Recently, at a SharePoint conference, Microsoft Showcased recent innovations in Microsoft 365. This includes SharePoint home sites. According to Microsoft Officials, the focus of these innovations is intelligent workspace, AI based workflows, better and engaging communication ways and bringing out best of creativity from individuals with the insights from AI.
In a nutshell, the conference proposed innovations in:
- SharePoint home sites, for an intelligent intranet
- Yammer and Yammer and Microsoft Stream, for better employee engagement
- OneDrive, for collaborative file sharing experience
- Microsoft 365 performance, for a better security and intelligent experience.
With these innovations, SharePoint offers better and world-class intranet, after Microsoft has re-invented three years ago in the Future of SharePoint event. The recent home sites can connect workplaces better, share relevant news and stories beneficial to employees for better productive with personalized content. There are also new capabilities introduced in Microsoft Stream like sharing, recording and uploading videos directly to Microsoft Stream from mobile app.
Attention Mac Users! Microsoft has made Office 365 available on the Mac App Store. Now, Mac users can download Office 365 and stay cloud-connected and updated with the latest versions of the Apps. The complete Office Suite includes full installs of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, OneDrive and Outlook. In addition to this, there are features like providing user experience to Mac users especially tailored for macOS and the Mac. The combo of Office 365 and the user experience for Mac on all platforms like Mac, iPad, and iPhone is totally exciting.
Now, Mac users can stay connected to their storage and other Office Apps through their smart devices. In addition to accessing content, users can coauthor docs in real-time, utilize AI to create better content.
Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing says:
“We are excited to welcome Microsoft Office 365 to the all-new Mac App Store in macOS Mojave. Apple and Microsoft have worked together to bring great Office productivity to Mac users from the very beginning. Now, with Office 365 on the Mac App Store, it’s easier than ever to get the latest and best version of Office 365 for Mac, iPad, and iPhone.”
How cool is that!
Workplace transformation is the need of the today’s cloud business space as businesses continue to evolve. Microsoft has taken one big leap for further enhancement of Office 365 virtualization and has announced acquisition of FSLogix. The company, FSLogix’s virtualization advancements make it a next-gen app portioning platform. According to experts form Microsoft, the company plans to enhance virtualization experiences of companies from large enterprises to small businesses. It also works to reduce work load, resource consumption, labor and time.
With this news, Microsoft’s products like Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop and Office 365 virtualization experience and Office 365 ProPlus experience. Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop is the only Microsoft 365 to provide customers with a modern desktop experience. It also offers built-in security and compliance. With the acquisition of FSLogix, we can expect lesser load times of user profiles in OneDrive and Outlook. In addition to this, Office 365 ProPlus experience in a multi-user virtual environment shall be improved too.
The future of virtual workspace is promising as Microsoft is eager to facilitate the customers and cloud business providers in every possible manner.
Web Hosting for Businesses is the
basic requirements of business nowadays. For an ultimate web hosting
experience, there are a few things to be kept in mind:
- Know what you need: it is important to define your requirements first. Searching a web hoster without knowing what exactly do you need is of no use
- Choose the right package: Options like Virtual private Server (VPS) is more expensive than other plans. It is important to choose the correct package that suits you
- Read Reviews: the best thing about hosters services being online is that customers leave reviews for other customers to go through. Always read reviews about selected hoster when selecting Web Hosting for Businesses.
- Determine right amount of bandwidth: Slow websites make users go away from your services. Never compromise on bandwidth.
- Go through Terms of Service: The refund policy and owner ship rules are defended in the Terms of services. Go through them and request for modifications if necessary.
As promised, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 is released by the end of 2018. With the public preview out a few months ago, the official release is just as expected. The main focus has been better user experience across multiple devices and better collaboration amongst Teams. Here are a few important features of latest release of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019.
- Connecting and collaboration experience is improved with better communication sites. There is much flexibility and ease-of-use in the modern design
- Lists are more responsive, with compelling designs and an easy-to-use combination of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 with OneDrive.
- Intelligent Intranet experience gives a personalized experience
- Storage of file size has been increased to 15GB and length of path restrictions has been increased from 260 Unicode code units to 400.
- The users can incorporate a combination of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, multiple images and embedding video content to create visually appealing pages.
The concept of “born-in-the-cloud” is seldom confused with “cloud-enabled” or “cloud-native”. However, there is a significant deference between these terms.
A solution that was “born in the cloud” means a solution that is exclusively meant to be delivered by the cloud and does not involve any legacy systems. The solutions that are cloud-enabled are the solutions that were originally designed for a traditional datacenter and then eventually plunked into the cloud. this is originally a legacy product. They are single-tenant and difficult to scale.
In case of cloud native systems, they are built form ground up approach using micro-services. They are multi-tenant and are easily scalable. Hence the concepts of “born-in-the-cloud” and “cloud-native” are close enough but have a huge difference with “cloud-enabled” solution.
Companies prefer to adopt cloud-native solutions. With cloud-native solutions, there is no hassle of the Infrastructure upon it is delivered and built. Many vendors are now trying to offer cloud-enabled version of their products.
Ever since Microsoft introduced the new Microsoft CSP billing requirements, CSPs all over the world have been in search for ways to fulfill these requirements. It is, however, estimated that 80% of the CSPs have still not fulfilled the Microsoft CSP Direct Requirements to retain their CSP Tier 1 status. The deadline, 31st august, is approaching fast and all those CSPs who are not able to comply with these requirements shall be able to provide services under the Indirect Provider Status. In order to meet the customer’s needs, there are two plans:
- Microsoft Advanced Support for Partners
- Microsoft Premier Support for Partners
In the former plan, Microsoft provides support for general issues fixation and problem resolving solutions whereas in the latter plan, Microsoft provides CSPs with managed support along with proactive services across the entire Microsoft Platform. This includes enhanced solutions with maximum uptime and fast response time for your customers.
To comply with the announced Microsoft CSP Direct billing requirements from Microsoft, you need to take the following steps:
- Ensure provision of an IP service or a managed service or a solution application
- Further, you need to equip your system with a necessary infrastructure required to introduce billing systems.
These Microsoft CSP Billing requirements need to be fulfilled in time. In order to keep the status of CSP Direct partners, CSPs need to approach solution providers who offer complete and reliable automation solutions in order to make the systems complying with these Microsoft CSP requirements.
There are a lot of questions people ask related to Cloud hybrid Search. I have decided to compile the most frequently asked questions in the following post.
- How is Hybrid search different from normal cloud hybrid search?
In hybrid federated search, results are fetched from both search index in SharePoint Server 2013/2016 and as indexed in Office 365. In case of cloud hybrid search, all crawled content is processed by O365 search engine.
- Can Hybrid search be deployed in multiple forests environment?
Yes, Cloud hybrid search service application works under environments having multiple forests.
- How many crawl Databases are recommended for Cloud hybrid search application?
There is a rule of thumb in this regard. One database suffices 20 million items from the total amount of content.
- Are there any Forums for Cloud hybrid search discussions?
Yes, TechNet Forum hosts multiple discussions on the topic.
- Is there any book related to Hybrid capabilities?
There is an ebook Configuring Microsoft SharePoint Hybrid Capabilities (ISBN 9781509302437) which can be downloaded here.
Leverage agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. Organically grow the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment. Read More “Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and 18 others commit $1 billion to new cleantech fund, Breakthrough Energy Ventures”