Cloud infrastructure is an important step in providing
Private cloud. Here are a few steps in building the cloud infrastructure:
Step 1: The definition
no purpose is necessary first. It is important to highlight what are the
business requirements for which the cloud is being developed.
Step 2: Workload definition
is important. The enterprises that will be using the cloud must be having some applications
that are run on cloud. Define these workload in advanced.
Step 3: Definition
of Governance and other important aspects like Software, Networks, and Security
Implementation. In this step, the private
cloud along with other resources is stage into the data center.
Step 5: Testing: Test
processes are defined for a better verification of the requirements.
These basic steps shall lead you to build a private cloud. There
are multiple patterns to be followed; the end result has to be better service provision.
Web Hosting for Businesses is the
basic requirements of business nowadays. For an ultimate web hosting
experience, there are a few things to be kept in mind:
- Know what you need: it is important to define your requirements first. Searching a web hoster without knowing what exactly do you need is of no use
- Choose the right package: Options like Virtual private Server (VPS) is more expensive than other plans. It is important to choose the correct package that suits you
- Read Reviews: the best thing about hosters services being online is that customers leave reviews for other customers to go through. Always read reviews about selected hoster when selecting Web Hosting for Businesses.
- Determine right amount of bandwidth: Slow websites make users go away from your services. Never compromise on bandwidth.
- Go through Terms of Service: The refund policy and owner ship rules are defended in the Terms of services. Go through them and request for modifications if necessary.
Microsoft has now introduced more flexibility with Azure: open source systems are now supported. Partners have broader choices in the cloud which enable them for better investment opportunities. IaaS is now available on Linux, PHP web application platform and not to forget Java!
Not only this commitment with open source platforms extent options for providers, it also opens doors for a diverse team of developers to engage with Microsoft products and platform. They can complement their development works with Azure and get more value out of Microsoft products. Azure Active Directory can be used to augment open source apps with identity management and access management. Moreover SharePoint sites can be connected to PHP portals. Hence the apps ecosystem will continue to evolve with this step of Microsoft making “open source” a part of Microsoft everyday cloud innovation approach.
As promised, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 is released by the end of 2018. With the public preview out a few months ago, the official release is just as expected. The main focus has been better user experience across multiple devices and better collaboration amongst Teams. Here are a few important features of latest release of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019.
- Connecting and collaboration experience is improved with better communication sites. There is much flexibility and ease-of-use in the modern design
- Lists are more responsive, with compelling designs and an easy-to-use combination of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 with OneDrive.
- Intelligent Intranet experience gives a personalized experience
- Storage of file size has been increased to 15GB and length of path restrictions has been increased from 260 Unicode code units to 400.
- The users can incorporate a combination of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, multiple images and embedding video content to create visually appealing pages.
As promised earlier this month, Microsoft is right on time to launch its new Exchange Server 2019. With the launch of Microsoft Exchange Server 2019, the long wait of Microsoft enthusiast is over. There are major performance improvements in all new Exchange Server 2019 along with a great end-user experience and added security features.
Security: Recommended to be used over Windows Server 2019 Core, Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 implements added security with TLS 1.2 and improved hashing algorithms for least compromises of security.
User Experience: the most notable feature for users is improved calendaring in which the feature of restricting forwarding of a meeting request. The feature of unified messaging is deprecated and the alternate approach that is provided is using Exchange Server 2019 with Skype for Business Server 2019.
Performance: Solid State Drive (SSD) technology is implemented to provide faster loading of databases along with dual storage read/write capabilities. A total of 48 processor cores are available for the server and 256GB of RAM can be utilized for better performance.
The wait is over and Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2019 is out. Creating hype all over Microsoft partner, the new Skype4B has shown a few features that Microsoft initially promised at Ignite. Let’s have a look at important features of Skype for Business Server 2019:
- Build for cloud customers: the new Skype4B Server makes on-premise users consume services offered to cloud users. Hence this version has shown a hybrid approach to things.
- Migrations to teams: Teams migration is made easy, making on-premise users shift smoothly to the cloud.
- Extended security: Security is maintained through TLS 1.2
- Cloud Call Data Connector: An interesting CQD (Call Quality Dashboard) is available for on-premises users for better call quality management.
- Cloud Voicemail Support: once the users pair up with MS Exchange Server 2019, users can take full advantage of Cloud Voicemail. If you are not planning an Exchange 2019 deployment so soon, you can continue to use Unified Messaging.
Cloud Infrastructure as a Service is a fast-growing market and is expected to reach up to 25% of total Infrastructure outsourcing market by 2020. IaaS has promoted promoting digital operation in an innovative manner along with enabling digital business. This has contributed to the growing popularity of IaaS.
It has been seen that, IaaS providers continue to offer legacy services which include simple servers, network resources and storage space, hence a simple infrastructure. These services will not be sufficient for the upcoming demands of digital business. In order to promote customers digital journey demands, Infrastructure providers need to offer digital infrastructure platform which offers a range of higher level services exposed via APIs, hence introducing a platform which customers can utilize for development of apps and services that provide value to business initiatives.
Hence provision of resources needs to be shifted from simple (storage, server, and network) to complex (Infrastructure resources) to find growth opportunities for both customers and Infrastructure providers.
Public preview of SharePoint 2019 is here and in no time, the official release will hit the market. Here are a few steps to get your started with it:
- Get SharePoint Server 2019 prerequisites installed either manually or by Prerequisite Installer. These include: Web Server (IIS) Role, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or Microsoft SQL Server 2017, Microsoft Sync Framework Run-time v1.0 SP1 (x64) and a few more components.
- Install SharePoint Server 2019, enter the product key and start configuration wizard
- Make sure that user account is the Setup User account
- Launch Farm configuration wizard
- Select the services you need to get and proceed with the wizard.
- Configure farm page and Finish the wizard.
You can also upgrade from SharePoint 2016 for which you shall use database attach upgrade. In such a case, you need to upgrade to content only and not the settings.
The concept of “born-in-the-cloud” is seldom confused with “cloud-enabled” or “cloud-native”. However, there is a significant deference between these terms.
A solution that was “born in the cloud” means a solution that is exclusively meant to be delivered by the cloud and does not involve any legacy systems. The solutions that are cloud-enabled are the solutions that were originally designed for a traditional datacenter and then eventually plunked into the cloud. this is originally a legacy product. They are single-tenant and difficult to scale.
In case of cloud native systems, they are built form ground up approach using micro-services. They are multi-tenant and are easily scalable. Hence the concepts of “born-in-the-cloud” and “cloud-native” are close enough but have a huge difference with “cloud-enabled” solution.
Companies prefer to adopt cloud-native solutions. With cloud-native solutions, there is no hassle of the Infrastructure upon it is delivered and built. Many vendors are now trying to offer cloud-enabled version of their products.
Microsoft Hyper-V is a collection of multiple technologies running efficiently to form the basis of business private cloud space. It includes, hardware, software, management processes and business processes integration. Hence Hyper-V is the platform where your entire virtual infrastructure resides. Hyper-V is the virtualization platform and Hypervisor technology is software on which multiple virtual machines can run by controlling the hardware and allocating resources to each VM operating system.
The key to good virtualization is the hardware on which the virtual infrastructure is present. Constructing a virtual environment requires white-boxing approach. If a reliable hardware is not chosen for the virtual infrastructure, the infrastructure shall collapse. An optimized hardware is necessary with decent connecting of all pieces together. There are four core resource areas to Hyper – V: Processing, storage , memory, and networking. These four points combine together to produce private clouds under Hyper- V. Apart from these core concepts there is another side to Hyper- V and that is the management processes that run as the core business element on Virtual infrastructure.